If the app can’t find audio files in one source, will it look in another?

• Profile photo of lmroselmrose
    Participant
    #498 |

I want my app to get audio from an external folder, but if it’s not there, I want it to download from DBP. Will a SAB app work that way? If so, how do I need to configure the sources?
    I ask because this scheme does not work:
    Source 1 (default) = External folder
    Source 2 = DBP
    Under this configuration, if the folder is not present, the app does not look any further (source 2). It simply gives me the “no audio found” message.
    And this scheme does not work:
    Source 1 (default) = DBP
    Under this configuration, even if I copy the audio files to the right folder, the app will always go to the DBP for the file. It doesn’t seem to care that the file is already in the folder. CORRECTION/SOLUTION: This configuration does actually work. As long as you start the application AFTER putting the audio files in the folder. If the app is running and you copy the audio files over, it won’t “see” them until you restart the app.

What configuration (if any) will cause the app to download from the DBP if it doesn’t find the audio file in the external folder, but if there is a file, the app will use the file that’s there.

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by lmrose.
  • Profile photo of RichardRichard
    Participant
    #500 |

This is the best configuration to use:
    Source 1 (default) = DBP

If the app does not find the files in its own storage, it will go to the DBP to find them.

Searching for audio files in local storage can be resource intensive, so if the app does not find the file the first time it looks, it will not try looking a second time until it is restarted.

• Profile photo of lmroselmrose
    Participant
    #501 |

Thanks, Richard. That makes perfect sense.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.