Build Failed… Error: File path too long on Windows, keep below 240 characters)

• Profile photo of Neil ZubotNeil Zubot
    Participant
    #468 |

Has anyone had this error before? CMD specifically mentions one really long TEMP file of mine that exceeds this limit.

I’ve never had this issue before in building my apps, just now since upgrading to 3.1

Any fix ideas? Thanks!

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by Neil Zubot.
  • Profile photo of Neil ZubotNeil Zubot
    Participant
    #475 |

Today, I was able to fix this issue. I did some looking online and other people have had this issue in building android apps on Windows machines – http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33905687/error-file-path-too-long-on-windows-keep-below-240-characters …One suggestion is to move the app project folder up a level or two. A more popular solution was to change the build directory for the project.

…Before attempting either of these, I thought that I’d first reduce the length of my package name… that worked!

Hope that this info might help others.

• Profile photo of RichardRichard
    Participant
    #479 |

If you get a ‘build path too long’ error when compiling apps, you can go to Tools > Settings > Build Settings and enter a shorter Build folder such as c:\build.

In future versions of the app builders, we aim to handle build lengths that are too long before the build begins.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.