Trouble with Portrait oriented pictures

• Profile photo of jala_myejala_mye
    Participant
    #292 |

I am having trouble with not being able to view the text below the picture in a picture book app when the picture is in portrait orientation. Any ideas of what to do for this? I have already cropped it as much as I can and made the dpi 96.

• Profile photo of RichardRichard
    Participant
    #295 |

Reading App Builder currently assumes that the pictures in the picture story book will be landscape. It scales them to the width of the screen. This then causes problems for portrait images.

The workaround is to edit each of your images in an image editor and add blank left and right borders to make them landscape.

What would be ideal is for RAB to allow you to specify the maximum percentage of vertical space taken up by the image. I will make a note of this for a future version.

• Profile photo of jala_myejala_mye
    Participant
    #298 |

Okay, good to know. Since I have dozens and dozens of images spread throughout many documents, I think I’ll hold out for the future version.

• Profile photo of RichardRichard
    Participant
    #480 |

RAB 3.2 now allows you to specify a maximum height for the images (as a percentage of the screen height). The default is 45%.

You can find this setting at: Book > Story Pages > Other Settings.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.