Content put on this site by users should follow these guidelines:
- Be relevant and helpful to the community. See “About” statement about the community.
- Copyrighted materials are OK provided we have permission and give credit to copyright holders under the guidelines below. See Copyright Concepts below.
- Do not include content with links to secure internal corporate web sites; this is a public web site and some users will not be able to follow those links.
- Contributions to the site should be clear and accurate.
- Content should be readable by readers whose main language is not English.
What Copyright Concepts are in use?
Contributors share under a Creative Commons Agreement. See here for more information. This describes conditions and options for submitters. There is a one-page description which describes what users are free to do, and under what conditions material can be re-used.
The following Terms of Service apply to your use of this Web Site. You are solely responsible for your conduct and your content on the Web Site and compliance with these terms. By registering on this Web Site or using or browsing this Web Site, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms.
You agree that you will not post, email or make available any content or use this Web Site:
- In a manner that infringes, violates or misappropriates any third party’s intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights or contractual rights;
- in a manner that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- to engage in spamming, “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes”, advertisement of illegal or controlled products or services, or other advertising or marketing activities that violate these Terms of Service, any applicable laws, regulations or generally-accepted advertising industry guidelines;
- in a manner that is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent or otherwise illegal or promotes illegal activities, including engaging in phishing or otherwise obtaining financial or other personal information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes;
- in a manner that is libelous or defamatory, or in a way that is otherwise threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or invasive of another’s privacy;
- in a manner that is harmful to minors in any way;
- in a manner that is hateful or discriminatory based on race, color, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age or is otherwise objectionable;
- to impersonate any other person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or to obtain access to this Web Site without authorisation;
- to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Web Site or prevent others from using this Web Site, or in a manner that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to this Web Site, or that otherwise negatively affects other persons’ ability to use this Web Site;
- to use any manual or automated means, including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access or manage any user’s account or to monitor or copy this Web Site or the content contained therein;
- to facilitate the unlawful distribution of copyrighted content;
- in a manner that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent;
- in a manner that employs misleading email or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through this Web Site or to users; and
- in a manner that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- “Stalk” or otherwise harass anyone;
- Collect, use or disclose data, including personal information, about other users without their consent or for unlawful purposes or in violation of applicable law or regulations;
- Request, solicit or otherwise obtain access to usernames, passwords or other authentication credentials from any member of this Web Site or to proxy authentication credentials for any member of this Web Site for the purposes of automating logins to this Web Site;
- Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from this Web Site – except for Internet search engines (e.g., Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g., archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file, or “well-behaved” web services/RSS/Atom clients. We reserve the right to define what we mean by “well-behaved”;
- Post irrelevant content, repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Web Site’s infrastructure;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to our service provider’s computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, this Web Site;
- Use this Web Site as a generic file hosting service; and,
- Develop, invoke, or utilize any code to disrupt, diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of this Web Site.
You agree not to authorize or encourage any third party to use this Web Site to facilitate any of the foregoing prohibited conduct.